All Jacked-Up Baked Potato Soup
- Bake potatoes at 375° for about 45 minutes or until completely baked through. Remove from oven and let cool until you are able to handle and peel skins off. Once cool enough to handle remove skins and mash lightly leaving chunks of potato for a hearty soup.
- Dice bacon and put into a soup pot on medium-high heat. Crisp bacon. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and set aside. Leave bacon drippings in pot.
- Add the flour and whisk together until well combined. Add milk while whisking constantly. Keep whisking milk, flour and bacon drippings until mixture is thick and bubbling (about 10-15 minutes). Stir constantly so that your milk doesn't burn (scorching your milk will ruin your entire base and you will have to start over).
- Once your soup is bubbling and thick add your potato mash mixture to the base. Add the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, slat & pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Add your bacon pieces back into the soup but leave some for garnish.
- Turn your stove top to low/simmer, add your cheese mixture (leaving about 1/3 cup for garnish) and mix well. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, crisp bacon pieces and shredded cheese.
Really, a simple soup to make and one everyone is sure to enjoy!